Sunday, February 19, 2012

My ass will not be happy

I used to bike a lot. I mean, A LOT. Truth be told, that was a long time ago. I was a roadie as well as a mountain biker. After I worked up to and completed my first century ride (100 miles), I fell out of roadie riding, and got into the MTB scene pretty seriously. I even rode professionally for a couple years. Even after the pro days, I still rode on a very regular basis.

The last few years, well... more than a few things have been on my plate. However, there seems to be somewhat of a sense of normalcy returning. So, we decided it was time to get the bikes out again. Tonight, I LITERALLY dusted them off. The tires were flat, but it seems like everything else is in pretty decent order. We had kept them inside, so that has limited a lot of the issues that would normally creep up with a bike that sat for so long.

First thing in the morning, we'll lube up the chains in the morning and check the tune of the shifters, then we'll head out and get some miles under us. Should serve as a nice cross training platform to running. And, my little mileage log will let me tally bike workouts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment