Friday, May 25, 2012

In the groove, in the heat

I think I'm in a decent groove with training now.  My 4-5 mile runs are pretty common and not all that hard.  The toughest thing about them by far, is the heat/humidity now that we're nearly into June...

Today's run was 4 miles, and all in all, it was good, but man was I sweating like a cornered nun.  (to steal a quote from Michael Fassbender there...)  First 2 mile lap was about a 9:30 pace, but the overall pace ended just over 9:00.  So, I definitely picked up it on the second loop.  My pace started out right at 85spm, then it went up to about 90 on a downhill section, but that didn't last all that long.  I ended up spending most of my time around 84spm.  *shrug*  I'm working on it.  I'd like to see it at least 85 and above.

Tomorrow is a 5 miler, then another 4 after that.  My rest days are starting to get fewer.  Used to always be rest days between all runs.  Now, each week has 3 days of running in a row.  What's nice is that none of those 3 day stretches are LONG runs.  There's always at least A rest day after a big run.  Next week, that run will be an 8 miler.

So, in the next weeks, I'll be getting up to 10+ miles.  Not sure if there is a 1/2 marathon to do this summer or late fall, but if so, I think I'll go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment