Saturday, May 26, 2012

Up early, coffee, poo, run

Today, I have to say that routine worked pretty well today.  It's not even 0730, and I'm on the couch, not sweating anymore, watching F1 Debrief on Speed.  Not too bad.  I was up at 0530, got some coffee, stirred up a poo, then got my 5 miles run.  9:09 pace, HR at 144, cadence was 84.

I think 84 is a really steady average for my cadence.  I'd just like to bump that up a bit.  85/86 range would be nice.  Especially if I could hold that over longer distances.

All in all, the run was fine this morning, minus the humidity and the super sweatness.  Ugh.  No ITB issues, which is of course very nice.

I think the only way that I'll get these regular runs in will be EARLY, since we're getting into the throws of summer now.  It was really nice to get out and run this morning, and not really see much of anyone else.  I really need to work on getting to sleep earlier, that's for sure.  Last night sucked for that, but I'll have to work on that.

And, this is also puts me over 180 miles on the season.  My wife is at 220 right now...  I'm catchin!

No comments:

Post a Comment