Saturday, November 19, 2011

Way to go!!


My wife just ran her first half-marathon today! I am exceedingly proud. Its hard to believe that 2 years ago, she LITERALLY couldn't run a single mile. Yes, that's right! She'd run with me and before reaching a single mile, she'd have to walk.

Last year she started running on a training schedule like http://www.marathontraining.com/marathon/m_mile.html. Needless to say, it has paid dividends! Even as a veteran of THREE knee surgeries, she just ran 13.1 miles in 2:13!

I have to admit, I really wish I would have been able to run the race with her, but that's way out of my range yet. The atmosphere of all the runners together sure made me really wish I wasn't standing there at the start in jeans. Alas, I'm still thrilled with the successes she's had in a fairly short time. Even one year ago, she'd have never believed she could run a half-marathon. I'm super happy for her! Maybe we can run a half-marathon together spring or summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment