Monday, November 28, 2011

3 miles and a new online log

Went for a 3 mile run today. I really felt like I was sloggin' so I did kick it up a bit on the last 1/2 mile. My overall pace shows that I was doing decent the whole time anyways. Oh well. I guess it just goes to show you that you can't rely on how you feel all the time. Another reason that I will be looking to get a GPS watch and heart rate monitor at some point here. Just need to find what I'm looking for and not take out a loan to by it!

So, after days of not getting anywhere with the Runner's World online running log, I decided to find another one. I ended up going with the RunningAHEAD.com version. Just from the look of the interface (GUI), I'm thinking that RunningAHEAD, Running Times, Runners World, etc, etc... are all basically the same company. Either way, I don't really care, but the RunningAHEAD online log actually works for me. So, on the right side of this blog, you will see my latest work out, as well as my weekly, monthly, and yearly totals. Yeah, I know, the numbers are pretty low right now, but I'm still pretty early in this whole recovery thing. So, they need to stay low for now. For a while actually...

Oh! Another reason I'd recommend others use a running log of some kind, is to keep an eye on how much mileage you have on your shoes. Most of those expert kind of people say that 400-500 miles is the max you want on your shoes. After that, your likelihood of injury is much higher. So, put 400-500 miles on a pair of shoes, and then make them your casual walking shoes or whatever, but get new ones for your running.

No comments:

Post a Comment