I've had a few runs since my last post. Two runs were pretty standard 3 and 2 mile routes, and they went pretty well. All in all, they went pretty well, however, on the first of those two runs, I did feel my left ITB for a little bit after about a mile or so. It didn't stick around which was weird. It was the familiar soreness just below and outside of the left knee. But, it went away. *shrug* I'm the furthest thing from being an MD, so I can't really say what the deal is. I'm just really glad the soreness didn't stick around. I 'guess' that means things are still healing and strengthening. On my last marathon attempt, there was no "going away" of the ITB pain. So, if the soreness feeling shows up sometimes, but goes away... then I guess we're heading in the right direction.
Last night, I had a severe moment of retardation. I don't know what the hell happened, but I fell up the stairs. Yes, UP. Now, most people have fallen up the stairs at some point in their lifetime. Whether or not they admit it is another matter. But, usually, when this slip up occurs, you catch yourself and just feel stupid. However, in this instance, I slipped, but then my "save" move also failed. So, I basically fell twice in one motion. The sound this created was quite horrendous and lead me to eat it pretty hard onto my right shin. My wife heard the calamity and wanted to ask, "Are you OK?" However, we are married. So, her question came out as, "What the hell was that??" *sigh* I iced my shin several times throughout the evening and I imagine it will be sore and may even bruise.
On to today... I ran a 5 mile route. It's the first time I've run that route since my injury. I think I tried it once around december, but my ITB was nowhere near healed by then, and I ended up walking the last couple miles. I didn't feel awesome, but I did finish it. 9:24min/mile. I was fighting a pretty good cramp around mile 4, but it did eventually go away.
No comments:
Post a Comment